Sidor

onsdag 18 april 2012

Not giving up

Just returned from a students fair at Kåren, we (AKDS) had a table there to advertise ourselves and try get attract some new members. There wasnt too much action, at least in our end of the venue, but at least a couple of visitors seemed interested. This time we were given a bit of floor space too, so it was possible to do simpler demos and have people try punching (pads). But then again, with the lack of visitors, it wasn't too motivating to try do demos either... Oh well, had more fun than last year anyway! And it still felt important to go there and simply show that we are alive and active.  Hope we'll see some new faces on practice soon!
Practice also feels extra exciting right now, as I'm instructing. I haven't been too happy with my instrusting yet, but I'm of course hoping that will change. And that my back will get better soon. I'm not exactly sure what I've done to hurt my back - could be both work- and karate related - but I seem to have pulles either a muscle or a tendron or something...  Had some problems with it during the last course (in Pargas, last weekend), where I had to skip Sunday practice, and haven't been able to attend since then but at least participating in the punching demos tonight felt ok so I think I should be fine. I'm also experiencing some problems with my running, having allergy attacks again without being sure of the cause. So that side of things is a bit heavy right now, but I'm not giving up.

The not giving up also goes for my job hunting, I guess. No luck there, so far. One more negative answer and one more "Thank You for showing interest in [x], we will get back to You." I do have a (part time) job, but I'd really want a new one, as what I do now is simply not fucking worth the effort.

And the rest of the week will be spent writing essays, it seems. I have two deadlines coming up this Sunday (Monday) and a presentation next week. I would so love to have a free weekend, wonder when I'll see one of those again!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...