Sidor

söndag 6 maj 2012

I miss my studio

Damn, I miss having a studio to work in! As the one I had back in art school. I live in a 20m2 one-room flat, and have no separate workspace whatsoever, just the same table I use for dining, writing, anything. This, and working in a small rental flat, means I have to be very careful not to make a mess, and always put everything nicely back in order after I finish. Naturally, this puts a certain limit to my work, and sometimes it bugs the hell out of me. Some nights it would feel so good to just pull everything out and go crazy!
Also, I miss being allowed to use all day, as I could back in the days of art school. ...when I was also still on the student's allowance and thus hardly ever even had a part-time job. AND I miss having other artists around you! I still don't want to go back though. I wouldn't do that for anything in the world, to be honest. I don't miss the depression, the fear, panic, waking up in a cold sweat the same time every morning... and it wasn't like I really enjoyed the company of other artists back then, having all of those wonderful people around me because... well, I couldn't. (not sober)
At least I'm getting something done now, and it's just lovely to be in the creative flow (Oh.My.God. What a cliché. Sorry about that.) that I'm experiencing right now! I've been working on my new project(s) every night the past week, and sure, I'm starting to feel the effects of staying up late every night. But it's definitely worth it! Hope it lasts longer this time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...