Sidor

lördag 9 mars 2013

On being effective, and sleeping

This week I've been just about as effective as I should be. As in, all of the time. Had I always worked like this, I would have a degree by now. Or two. I would love to be able to keep going like this, to get stuff done, sometimes even finish things on time (OK. I'm not in control of everything. For example, I can't even remember the last time I cleaned my flat... It's messy on a post-apocalyptic level. I've offered that, for now.) But I've learned that this will not work long term. The problem is that if I force myself to keep it up, I burn out. Why? How come "everyone else" are able to get things done on time? Somehow it seems I have to push myself to the absolute limit to get anything done at all. I wonder if that's where the problem really lies.

Completely unrelated to this, I've now learned that that have caught the sneaking guy I wrote about last summer. I was very relieved to hear this, while also a bit creeped out to learn of his earlier "history". This guy has a history. However, he's been in custody since December, and last night I went to sleep without having fastened the door chain - just wanted to see if I was up to it. (And I was! I slept like a baby!) This was the first time since last summer that I didn't secure the door before going to bed. I still keep my bo staff close to my bed. Just in case.

Listening to: Depeche Mode, Nine Inch nails

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...