Sidor

fredag 15 mars 2013

course weekend and the return of art theory

Sitting here trying to finish things for the weekend. As I'll be attending a course this weekend, there won't be any time to finish more of my job applications, essays or other assignments, so that's what I'm trying to do now instead. It's not going too well, but I did finish one more job application. I need to go home soon, so I can clean up at least the worst of the mess in my flat (for the cat feeder).

One thing, or rather two things, that I'm working on right now are two courses of art theory that I'm taking right now, one mandatory and one out of interest. So, yes, I'm officially back studying art theory now. Even though I said earlier that I would keep it as my minor after the change to ethnology, until now for some reason I never touched it. Just didn't get myself to it. Both courses involve working on an online platform, in one case just to submit weekly assignments while the other one includes (mandatory) forum discussions. I like the idea of the discussions, but it is very hard and tends to end up first a couple of students writing long, essay-like posts and then most of the others just throwing in last-minute comments on these. Which is not really the same thing as discussing something. Of course not saying that I would be any better myself.

This weekend's karate course is in Iitti, the youngest of the Finnish clubs. The course theme is quite simply kicks. I'm excited about this, it's a bit of a favorite area of mine and also, as I'm instructing right now (plan to do that for two more weeks) any new ideas on the theme are specially welcome! Bring it on!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...