Sidor

fredag 6 januari 2012

obligatory comment on the New Year

I waited so long before writing my New Years post, that I forgot the ideas I had. Fuck it, I'll just start somewhere else. I feel positive about the new year. So many things have changed since this time a year ago, and almost exclusively to the better. A year ago, I was looking for a new home (following the separation) but by January didn't yet know where I was to live from the following month on, I didn't have a job - but also didn't get the students allowance anymore... And so on, and so on. Of course life isn't in any way "perfect" today either (not that I believe in anything like "perfect") but at least when I feel down, I can look back and tell myself that "It's better than a year ago..." I still wish I'd get more drawing done, though. I got myself a new sketchbook and, yes, got started on it, but not much more than that. I need some new ideas for it, but don't know what I am looking for. I should probably stop looking and just start drawing. Let it happen. But no, it will not be a New Year's resolution. I chose not to make any of them this time around, and feel happy about the decision. I still feel eager about the new year, I'm just not expecting anything in particular to happen, nor struggling to find my balance again or to get back on track. Happy New Year everyone!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...