Sidor

fredag 25 januari 2013

What I do

Lots of karate-related things going on right now.
Tonight, we'll be holding our annual members' meeting with my local club, where hopefully we'll find a good group of new board members for this year. There will be a lot of things to discuss, no less with the course coming up in almost no time.

What course? In two weeks, my club will be hosting an international karate course, held over the weekend here in Turku. This will be the first Finnish "All grades" course for five months and I'm looking forward to it like a kid to Christmas. I'm taking part in the administration of the whole thing again, which is fun, although planning is just a bit more of a hassle than earlier, as two of the places we've normally used for accommodating our guests are not available this time. But still, nothing that can't be fixed.

In between this, I've this month been allowed to help another person out with instructing. This has been very rewarding, and a good chance to practice both communication and being in front of the group (bit of a weakness for me) without having all of the responsibility put only on me while doing so. The only downside of this is that as I haven't been training that much myself, I now worry about my own shape - again, with the course coming up. Still excited, though.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...