Sidor

måndag 28 januari 2013

Weekend update

I had such a great weekend!

I was very happy with the meeting on Friday. More people showed up than last year, and we found some brave  new board members after two years with the exact same group. It was also a generally nice evening with inspiring discussions. And beer is always good.

On Saturday I attended the moving out/good bye- party of a couple who are leaving Turku for Vasa. I was more than a bit tired after work, and showed up late, but still almost managed to act social. Among the large group of guests were both old friends to catch up with (some I hadn't seen in years!) and nice new people to get to know. Lots of good things to eat, and a good deal of dancing, too. Brought my camera, and carried it around for most of the evening, but hardly remembered to use it. I'm obviously still not used to owning it.

To finish the weekend, I finally got my ass over to Sunday practice, which was really good! I got some very needed and constructive feedback, as well as got a chance to train with the person whose instructing I've been assisting, so we could go through things a bit more thoroughly and had the time to test ideas. I now feel quite confident about the last couple of sessions of this period. Back at home, I tried to remember my personal points and write them down, as I hope to get the chance to work on them during the course. (After which, it turns out, it's my turn to take over the instructing. I had completely forgotten about that!)

Now, if I could just stop procrastinating... Pretending to prepare a presentation here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...